Proficient, knowledgeable Web and e-Learning developer with nearly 30 years experience managing projects, creating applications, and exceeding client expectations. I am able to skillfully analyze project needs and recommend ideal solutions. My broad base of knowledge means I deliver both technical expertise in current technologies and the ability to research and implement new, innovative solutions.
- Interactive Tools: Adobe Flash, Director, Captivate, SumTotal Systems Toolbook
- Graphics, Video, Audio: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Sound Forge
- eCommerce: Magento, Miva, OpenCommerce
Oregon Public Employee Retirement System (PERS)
- Led implementation and refinement of complete PERS website design.
- Worked with content-owners, stakeholders and subject-matter experts to simplify and update content.
- Transferred over 350 pages of content from one system to another, implementing new design at the same time.
- Worked within state bureaucracy to implement designs within strict guidelines.
- Analyzed design elements and content to maximize accessibility and meet state accessibility standards.
Parthenon Software Group
Front-End Developer 2012-2022
- Design and develop web sites and applications for clients and internal products
- Consulting on marketing strategies for new web products
- Serve as design lead and provide experience for fellow designers
Owner, Web and eCommerce Developer 2011-current
- Design and develop WordPress web sites for clients
- Design, customize, and implement e-Commerce platforms for internet retailers
- Build mobile web applications
- Manage and develop social media sites
Standard Insurance Company, Portland, OR
Training Consultant/Web Developer 2006-2011
- Built interactive forms application replacing antiquated paper-based forms.
- Created enterprise-wide e-Learning modules for an audience of over 3500 employees.
- Served on evaluation and implementation teams for new LMS installation which now houses over 700 courses.
- Installed blogs, wikis, and forums for various internal clients, and recommended optimal application of social software.
- Implemented SharePoint sites for internal teams to collaborate and for information sharing.
- Served as adviser to other e-Learning developers, sharing insight and experience.
- Created internal e-Learning resource website, for collaborative creation of standards and best-practices.
CenturyTel, Vancouver, WA
Instructional Designer 2001-2005
- Developed web-based software simulations and conceptual training for corporate intranet.
- Created web-based tracking system for notifying project sponsors when students completed their training, and retaining that information in a database for later reports. This allowed the company to avoid expensive LMS systems with features they did not need.
- Developed best-practices for developers to minimize bandwidth issues and maximize development productivity.
- Evaluated platforms for project development and management.
Portland, OR 1999-2001
- Developed new e-commerce site for international client.
- Maintained and upgraded popular hardware-review website.
- Developed several training CD-ROMs for various clients.
Web/Multimedia Developer 1998-1999
- Maintained and developed several web sites, e-commerce sites, and banner ads.
- Developed promotional CD-ROMs.
Strategic Systems Associates/Asymetrix/Click2Learn/Sumtotal Systems
Web/Multimedia/Training Developer 1994-1998
- Developed training CD-ROMs for various clients, including K-Mart, Microsoft, and American Airlines.
- Co-developed in-house student record tracking for training projects.
In my position with the Organization Development Center at The Standard, I was fortunate to be able to attend many management training courses:
- Crucial Conversations
- Project Management
- Management Essentials
- Change Management Consultant
- Building a Culture of Accountability
- Business Acumen